Sunday 21 April 2013

Trying to crochet

I have admired many a time crocheted things. When I was a kid my grandma taught me to do counted cross stitch and a bit of knitting but I was negative with crochet and I never learnt it. I am so sorry I didn't learn it then. It is so difficult for me to self teach myself now. Anyway I found at a book bazaar this book and bought it for just 2 euros and decided to teach my self to do crochet.I don't know how to read symbols so I just follow my instinct. 



We also did a bit of crochet at the jewelry course so I got some hints there too and of course looked at various tutorials on the Internet.

Margie at Resurrection Fern blog and Lucy at Attic24 blog have always been my inspiration for crocheting too. So I gave it a try. Adorned my sea glass with some little baskets and flowers.







Adorned a 3 euro hat.

And learnt how to make hearts.
Hopefully I will teach myself more in summer.

3 comments:

Sarah in Stitches said...

Wow, that's so brave! I've been wanting to learn how to crochet, too, but I've managed to procrastinate it so far. :D Great job so far!

Unknown said...

Symbolcraft isn't too hard once you learn the language (as with most things). This picture might help a bit.

http://www.stitchdiva.com/media/Tutorials/Crochet/CrochetSymbols.gif

An important note, American terms & English terms are not precisely the same. Usually when English symbols are use it is specified unless the book is English in origin.

Erica said...

Hi! I randomly found your blog while searching "Greek crochet". I love the work you did here! Are you still crocheting?