Monday 26 May 2014

So many things...so little time!

As I have too little time to blog I will just give you snaps and short comments on things I have done the last couple of months but didn't have time to blog about so far separately!
So back in March,I visited this exhibition at Yeni Cami (New Mosque) near my house. Although the poster looked inviting, the exhibition itself wasn't interesting at all.

I went to the HobbyThess Exhibition too. I didn't find that one interesting either. There were strategic board games to see which do not interest me.


This innovation was interesting. It is made with a printing machine. Which of course is too expensive.

There were a couple of interesting artists.





But there was no need to pay a 5 euro entrance ticket to see just that.
Anyway the best part was the company of friends I went with and the coffee at Dendrospito (Treehouse).

I paid a visit at the Melissa Orphanage bazaar mainly because I wanted to see the building from the inside as it is in my neighbourhood too. Of course I had to support them by buying a couple of things.

Hubby presented a shadow puppet performance on a Sunday morning in April and we had to make the radio ad for it. That was a fun experience!


I especially loved Vangelis the gorgeous friendly dog they have at the Radio station 93,4 sto kokkino.



I bought a couple of books I want to read! I had never read Uncle Tom's Cabin before. It is excellent!
I had a couple of theatrical performances with "Griothesia", so I couldn't attend one of inmycloset workshops properly. But I did go for an hour, just to sip some coffee and eat some cake, to take pics and say hi to my friends there!
And it was the birthday of one of them so a fantastic cake was made by the talented ChristinaIna for  dear Ban Al!Happy birthday!

I was surprised to meet two of my former students from the Platy Primary School attending the workshop! They have grown so much!!!!!! Here we are with Vasia and Sophia!
And of course Anna of inmycloset made an amazing paper bowl and showed the technique! I have to make one for myself too!



You can read all about it here too.
Another thing I recently did was visit the International Thessaloniki Book Fair.
El Greco (Dominikos Theotokopoulos) was an honoured artist.

And Israel was the honorary country.





There were presentations like this one by Vangelis Iliopoulos, a writer I admire, whose book Trigonopsaroulis was a major success and was so loved by my son when he was little. It speaks about diversity, how a little strange triangular yellow fish comes among all the others. So good!
And there was a presentation by my Drama Club team,too.
Among the spectators one more of my former students, this one from way back, at my early career days as an English teacher, Vaso and her beautiful triplets!
Another thing I did for the first time in my city and really enjoyed was go to a spa for a hot therapeutical bath at Langadas Spa with the Drama club.


Of course we went both Sundays to vote for the municipal, area and Euro elections. Here is my son waiting patiently for his turn. It was his first time to vote.So proud of him!
I am rather satisfied with the results in general. I am also satisfied that so many people voted against the selling of the Water Services of our city!
Finally I went to one more Folk Museum bazaar. I love supporting handmade!
Hope I didn't tire you with all that. There are other things I did too but they were boring so I am not mentioning them!LOL!

6 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Well, it looks like you had a very interesting past few months! I think I would have really enjoyed the exposition about El Greco. I remember learning about this in my Spanish lessons, when I was in college...

Unknown said...

Thank you for all those beautiful photos as usual...
We also voted yesterday,Jean-Yves included,but the outcome is not to my taste!!

zina said...

η τουρτα ειναι καταπληκτικη!!!! παντα τετοιες ομορφες στιγμες να εχετε κουκλα

eleanna said...

So many & interesting things! First of all I don't know where Yeni Cami (New Mosque) is!
The building seems wonderful. The Treehouse became one of my favorite spots for Sunday coffee breaks...
So pitty you couldn't stay longer at the workshop
*Melina looks so funny!

OnePerfectDay said...

Wow! You've been busy!
No wonder you had no time to post pictures.......
It all looks like lots of fun!

butterfly said...

Great Photos , wishing you a happy day .