Sunday 12 October 2014

Our trip to the U.S.A. (4)-Meeting Maria

So after lunch Marabeth, hubby and I headed for Madison, a small seafront town, to meet with another sea glass friend, Maria. This was the first sea glasser (apart from Marabeth of course) we would be meeting of the many I have come to know through the sea glass sites over the years!
On the way we passed Knollwood Beach and its fantastic views.



 The Old Saybrook landmark light!


 Katharine Hepburn House. It's for sale bytheway!


 I spotted that field of poppies and hubby obliged with some amazing pictures!
My photo....
...and his!

 Lovely buildings everywhere in Old Saybrook!
 The Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Centre

  We met Maria at Madison Beach Hotel for dinner. Maria was accompanied by her husband with whom we found some Greek roots to discuss about! We also took a photo with the pictures of other sea glass friends like Angela and Donna who we couldn't possibly meet.
 Maria's husband with my Greek souvenir!


Even the waitress had studied in my city Thessaloniki! It's a small world and Greece is everywhere!
Maria brought me some lovely New Jersey sea glass which I can't possibly find now to take  a picture of!!!!It's probably at the beach house!Sorry I will edit this when I finally take a picture of it!
Of course we had to walk the beach a bit but found very little sea glass there!



The beach finds from Madison beach!

to be continued

3 comments:

Sarah in Stitches said...

It's so lovely! It looks like such a beautiful place :D

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I am very much enjoying your trip to the states, what lovely places you are visiting. Can't wait to see more. hugs Lynda Ruth

Rhona said...

What gorgeous pictures!