Friday 10 April 2015

Decorating for Easter!

Our Easter, the Greek Christian Orthodox Easter is a week later than the Catholic Easter this year.
So yesterday I did the usual customs.
First I put some order on the big table that I decorate.
 I arranged all of my green vases on the one side and all of my red ones on the other side.And in the middle my white things.My mum's Easter handembroidery on the table.
Then I decided to add some branches in one of the vases and add some flowers too.
I took the paper from a recent parcel and cut the beautiful flowers and stuck them on the branches.

 I added a couple of knitted birds I bought from the Melissa Orphanage bazaar.
Then I added the sweet basket with the eggs that my dear Georgia (aka Ahtida) of Egina 62, e kai? blog gave me.
Then I dyed my own eggs. I wanted to try a tutorial I had seen on the internet.
I cut some old silk scarves my mum gave me.
 I wrapped them around my eggs.
 I wrapped some white cotton all around them.
 And boiled them the usual way in a pan with water and vinegar.
 Unfortunately not all colours were good enough.
 I dyed the rest of the eggs red.
 And here's how they all look.
I also decorated with the rest of my eggs.The animals I had made with my son when he was five.
 A collection from several gifted to me, or made by me or bought from abroad.
 Finally added a few recent etsy shop purchases about which I will talk in the next post along with some cards I received and my Prague eggs on the red metal tree.
 My Easter candle is waiting for me to use it on the Ressurection night at church made by sweet Georgia again.The cross stitched sampler I brought from the States and it was a gift by dear Marabeth.
 And there is all of my Easter decoration.
I also made some Easter bread (tsourekia).
They don't look very good but hopefully they taste good.It was the first time I made them!
I wish you all to have a happy Easter and those of you who have already celebrated it hope you have a great spring!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ariadne

Happy Easter to you!
I love your decorations especially the twigs with pretty flowers on them. Everything looks lovely x

Sheryl said...

Oh, beautiful table, pretty baskets, eggs, decorations, all gorgeous, .love the polka dot chicken. Happy Easter .

Rhona said...

Happy Easter! Your decorations are wonderful.

kathyinozarks said...

Happy Ester Ariadne, I love your eggs-and I really love the idea of cut flowers from fabric to add to branches-I will remember that one.
I have dyed silk fabric using silk ties-the dye transferred really well-I had heard that it should work with eggs too. perhaps if you try this again-to leave the silk tied on the eggs longer-at least til the silk dries-with fabric to fabric we had to let it set for a couple weeks to a month.
enjoy your holiday Kathy

kathyinozarks said...

ooops I re read about your flowers and I see now they were cut from paper not fabric-either way love that idea

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your table looks beautiful. How nice to have collected things that mean a lot to you to enjoy. The embroidery is very pretty and I love your eggs! Enjoy the weekend! Happy Spring!

Poppy said...

So pretty and yummy, Ariadne!

Happy Easter!

Poppy

Unknown said...

Υπέροχα όλα!!!Φοβερή ανοιξιάτικη διακόσμηση και όλα τα αυγά τέλεια!!!!Είμαι σίγουρη ότι το τσουρέκι θα είναι πεντανόστιμο!!!Άλλωστε είναι σπιτικό και αυτό τα λέει όλα!!!Και του χρόνου με υγεία λοιπόν!!!Καλή Ανάσταση!!!!

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

It is wonderful to see your decorations.
We had a wonderful Easter in Spain.
I enjoy your blog very much will be back
Happy Easter to you
Laura

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a wonderful Easter display. I really like the flowers on the twigs, they are very clever and make a perfect arrangement.

Linda said...

Your decorations are gorgeous Ariadne.

Linda

Χριστίνα Πεταλωτή said...

Χαρά Θεού το σαλόνι κανονικά! Και του χρόνου να είσαι γερή Αριάδνη μου! Καλή Ανάσταση και κάθε ευτυχία στο σπιτικό σου!

Thalia Tzellou said...

Πάρα πολύ όμορφη η διακόσμηση Αριάδνη μου!! Τα αυγουλάκια όλα ωραιότατα και ειδικά αυτά που φτιάξατε με τον γιό!! Τα τσουρέκια φαίνονται πεντανόστιμα!! Μπράβο!! Και του χρόνου!!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love your paper flowers! Have a nice Easter!

Mii Stitch said...

Wow, everything is so pretty!! Love it all x

Sunday at Home | Κυριακή στο σπίτι said...

Πανέμορφα Αριάδνη μου τα αυγουλάκια αλλά και η διακόσμηση σου! Χριστός Ανέστη!