Sunday 27 March 2016

Part

Hello dear friends!
First of all I'd like to wish all of my friends abroad a very happy Easter! Ours is on May 1st so we still have a long time to go.
Also I would like to thank everyone for visiting my blog and leaving a comment too on the previous blogpost about Our Syrian Friends. This was the first time my blog had more than 500 views and lots of comments on one blogpost and that makes me very very happy.

This week's word for Our Beautiful World  is
part
chosen by dear Wendy of  Wen Sylvestre Mixed Media Art.
I am                                                                         part
of a crafty group that was started and organized by Anna of In My Closet 
Anna has been our leader and inspiration. She has gathered us many a time in her cozy kitchen and we have learnt many new techniques or worked on items for charity.
This time it was to learn how to make pom poms and make a pom pom bunny for a charity suggested by Lia of  Meandmamacreations (Filoptohos Adelphotita Perithalpsi in Katerini for my local friends)
This is what I made, my                                       part.
I made a bug in the colours I loved in a combination of blue and orange. Doesn't it look like the Barcelona team T-shirt colours?
That's how we started.Anna had lots of threads and wool.
 She gave us the pattern.
 And we started wrapping around it.

In the end that's how my bunny turned into a bug!
And here are all the bunnies and bugs together! There is even a piglet and a beaver among them!
(photo by Happy Deck)
As usual we had plenty of great food that I forgot to take a picture of (unbelievable), but I really tasted almost everything!
And I had many great surprises. Here are some!
Evangelia of Happy Deck brought me a giveaway win I had won on her facebook page. It's a bookmark and a fridge magnet and a card all made by her. You can find them in  her shop .
 I also had a beautiful surprise gift by Dimitra of DimitrArt for my birthday! Isn't it gorgeous? Thank you so much Dimitra!
I am really really proud and happy to be
part
of this group of ladies! It brings the best out of me! And the last couple of years these ladies have stood by me in all my adventures!And I am grateful!
You can find all the rest of the blogs who participate in this week's prompt of Our Beautiful World  here and you may add your own blog with the same theme.
And don't forget to do the best you can on your
part
to make a better world.

13 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful post and I love all those sweet little critters-I can tell so much fun to make too.
Congrats on your last post-awesome

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love those adorable cuties, so sweet! And YAY for all the happy mails!

nikol said...

Τελικά είσαι τυχερή που συμμετέχεις στης Αννας τα ανταμώματα με πολλές ιδέες και δημιουργίες !! Το έχω αποθηκεύσει γιατί μου άρεσε πολύ !!!
Τα δώρα σου είναι πολύ όμορφα και να τα χαρείς Αριάδνη μου !!!
Ναι και εγώ έχω φίλους Καθολικούς !!
Εμείς πολύ απασχολημένες αλλά καλά πολύ καλά !!
Σε φιλώ !!

Ο κόσμος της Ράνιας said...

Πολύ ωραία ιδέα τα λαγουδάκια πον πον !!! Να χαρείς τα πανέμορφα δώρα σου και καλή εβδομάδα !!!!!

mandysea said...

Oooh pom pom bunnies!! Adorable! Awesome projects too.

My sister married into a Greek family here in Tasmania, so we get to celebrate your Easter too!

lia said...

I am glad you also took PART in this!
kisses!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh those little bugs are adorable!! Lovely photos too Ariadne ... Have a beautiful Easter!

in my closet said...

What can I say; I don't feel much as a leader or an inspiration (I really blushed and you know it) but I really feel blessed with all the crafters that have been part of this idea (the craftsy gatherings). You know how much I admire you and how much I value our friendship! I feel glad that you are part of this!

κυκλάμινο said...

πολύ όμορφα τα πον πον!!! Να χαρείς τα δωράκια σου!!! Φιλιά

Kaisievic said...

Lovely pendant you were given by your friend - gorgeous blues.

Lorraine said...

Seems like that would be quite a cuddly bug - and so cute.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love all your sweet little yarn critters, especially the way they look a cuddled together. I think the bunnies are my favorite, since I'm still in Easter mode. Blessings from Texas!

Frances said...

Your bunnies and bugs are SO cute!!! I love them!!
Your birthday gift is beautiful!